Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Quick Quotes Mom's Coming Home

Greetings friends and fellow crafters, LeeAnn here today with my first post of October with the Quick Quotes team.

My daughter leaves later this month for Coast Guard Boot Camp and leaving her two children with her husband for 8 weeks. My grandson is 3 and granddaughter will be 1 two days after mom leaves, so this is a hard time. Thinking about this I decided to make it the focus of one of my projects, and while Junior is learning his numbers and counts quite well, why not help out a little with counting backwards. I used the Anchors Aweigh paper pack and a few items from around the house to take care of this project.

First I took a sheet of Anchors Aweigh #108 and cut to 8" x 10" to fit the frame I had. I then was playing with it to decide which side I liked best staying with the theme. Using my Scan n Cut I cut the words Mom Comes Home In Days out of Anchors Aweigh #100. I also cut out the numbers 0-9 twice. Deciding I needed some red to make things POP, I used a piece from the Serenade paper which was in the September Club Q Kit, and trimmed to fit my words.


Once I had the layout chosen, everyone was adhered using tear tape. The count down is set so that each day my son in law can help Junior change the number closer and closer to mommy coming home.



Quick Quotes product used:
Anchors Aweigh #108
Anchors Aweigh #100
September Club Q


I hope you have enjoyed my project today. Please come back and see the projects the rest of the team has for you throughout the month.


1 comment: