Saturday, October 1, 2016

The Robins Nest KRM IS 2



Greetings crafters. Today I am excited to be here with Robin's Nest and to share with you a project that I have been spending a bit of time thinking about making.
First up are the photos I used in my project, as unfortunately no matter how hard I try they just do not come through as nice in the layout photo.








 Now, you have seen the photo's I chose so lets take a look at the paper. First thing I did when deciding on this project was to hop over to the The Robins Nest and take a look at what was available for my project. This is what I came up with. Now let me say, I am in Florida and it was 4 days from order to delivery... I think that is pretty amazing, especially since I ordered over the Labor Day weekend.
This is close up and links directly to the paper.




Seashore Glittered CardstockBlue Raspberry Sorbet Cardstock


The first paper I used as the background for my layout, and the second was used as my photo background. I did quite a few workups and walked away, worked up and walked away before the final layout decision was made.

After printing the photos and using my Gina Marie stitched dies to cut them out with my Big Shot, I then made the background layer the same way. I then pulled some other dies from my stash and found the balloons, strings, KRM letters and fish. Using some Colorbok squares from my stash I set out to cut the items and play with them around the layout.

Dies Used
After having everything die cut, I then used my mini Xyron to add the adhesive to all the little cuts. My photos were set in place and adhered to the page and then I started having fun with my die cuts. 
Prepping for adhesion
 Once I was happy, I added a couple stickers to the balloons so the title box states... KRM Is 2. My fish were added and some mini clear dew drops were added as fish air bubbles. My project is complete and I sent a photo of it to my daughter. She is thrilled and can't wait to hang it in KRM's room.


The layout ideas that did not make the cut!!!







Items used in my project:
The Robins Nest



Other Items used
  • Big Shot
  • Gina Marie Dies
  • Colorbok Cardstock Squares
  • ATG Gun/Tape
  • ZOTS bling Minuscule size


5 comments:

  1. It is a wonderful layout and a great memories. Thank you for sharing with us and good luck. You are a perfect addition for a great design team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun layout.. absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete